JR West Online Train Reservations Start
Partners Information: In January, we shared the news of the JR West Online Train Reservation System launching.
We are pleased to share further details of the service as follows:
1. Service launch
- Standard tickets (reserved/non-reserved seating): Tuesday, 26 March 2019
- Special products for overseas visitors (JR-West Rail Pass, etc.): Tuesday, 21 May 2019
2. Areas/products for which reservations can be made
Standard tickets (reserved/non-reserved seating) in the areas listed below (Appendix 1).
[Shinkansen] Hokuriku Shinkansen, Tokaido/Sanyo Shinkansen, Kyushu Shinkansen, Joetsu Shinkansen, Tohoku Shinkansen (some sections only)
[Limited Express trains] Limited express trains on conventional lines in the JR West, Shikoku, Kyushu and Tokai areas, and in part of the JR East area.
Special products for overseas visitors
- JR-West Rail Pass (Kansai Area Pass, Kansai Wide Area Pass, Kansai-Hiroshima Area Pass, Sanyo-San’in Area Pass, San’in Okayama Area Pass, Hiroshima-Yamaguchi Area Pass, Okayama-Hiroshima-Yamaguchi Area Pass, Kansai-Hokuriku Area Pass, Hokuriku Area Pass)
- The More West Japan Setouchi Area Pass
- ICOCA & Haruka
Product line-up will be expanded after the service has launched.
3. Languages available
English, Chinese (simplified/traditional) and Korean
4. Reservation and receipt of tickets
- Reserve your tickets online.
- Collect tickets from facilities such as Midori ticket machines and Midori no Madoguchi ticket offices showing the ‘5489 Service’ symbol.
Note: If collecting special products for overseas visitors from a Midori ticket machine, these can only be collected from the ones with a JR-West passport reader. Some tickets cannot be collected from ticket machines, so we recommend visiting a ticket office.
To celebrate the launch, prices will be slightly discounted. See table below: